Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
i am having a party tomorrow so i started out with my basic corn salad, left out the cheese, and embellished. it tastes great!
- 16 ounces quick couscous or 12 ounces israeli couscous
- 3 lbs frozen corn, thawed and cooked,let cool.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 8 ounces chopped red onions
- 3 ounces chopped green peppers
- 3 ounces chopped yellow peppers
- 3 ounces chopped orange bell peppers
- 3 ounces chopped red peppers
- 3 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced- use a mandoline
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- if using quick cook couscous, cook 2 boxes according to package directions (boil water, add couscous, remove from heat cover for 5 minutes).
- if using israeli couscous, steam or boil for 13 minutes, remove from heat.
- if boiling, drain.
- in a huge bowl add couscous, corn, and the rest of the salad ingredients.
- mix dressing ingredients together, add to salad, toss, cover, and refrigerate 1 hour or more.
- serve at room temperature.
Delicous -- I cut this recipe down to serve just my family without any problems. The only change I made in my decreasing the recipe was eliminating one of the peppers and only using 1 zucchini. Thanks for sharing!