1/1 Photo of Confetti Corn
Slight modification of a Southern Living recipe. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 cups sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen, about 8 ears if using fresh)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream (I use fat-free)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed (can use reduced-fat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
- 2Remove with slotted spoon to drain on paper towels.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Reserve 2 T.
- 5of the bacon drippings in the pan.
- 6Cook the corn, bell peppers and onion in the skillet over medium-high heat until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- 7Add cream cheese and half-n-half, stirring over low heat, until cream cheese melts.
- 8Add the salt and pepper, and sugar.
- 9Top with the crisp bacon, and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Confetti Corn
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.1
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 763.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.5 g