Recipe by LorenLou
Slight modification of a Southern Living recipe. Enjoy!
Top Review by lazyme
This was a yummy side dish to a Mexican meal. Very simple and tasted great. Even my grandson loved it - and he doesn't like many veggies, lol. Thanks LorenLou for a nice keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 cups sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen, about 8 ears if using fresh)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream (I use fat-free)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed (can use reduced-fat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon to drain on paper towels.
- Set aside.
- Reserve 2 T.
- of the bacon drippings in the pan.
- Cook the corn, bell peppers and onion in the skillet over medium-high heat until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and half-n-half, stirring over low heat, until cream cheese melts.
- Add the salt and pepper, and sugar.
- Top with the crisp bacon, and serve.