Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another neat gift idea that I'll be handing out this season.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup candy coated chocolate chips
- Layer ingredients in a 1 quart jar.
- Attach a gift card that reads: To make cookies:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place contents of jar, 1/2 cup softened butter, 2 tbsps water, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1 egg in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until set.
- Cool 5 minutes, remove to rack, cool.
These are very pretty in the jar and taste good as well but I could not get them to bake well. No matter how long or little I baked them they fell apart. I made several as gifts but am now hesitant to give them but I can't afford to waste the ingrediants.
This was so easy to put together. I put in widemouth quart jars and put little gingham lids on with a label that states how to mix them up...then donated to the Childrens Miracle Network bake sale at my store (walmart). These sold like hotcakes for $7 bucks apiece and since I made 12...well..very profitable! (I whipped up a batch of the cookies too, yum yum yum) thanks for something simple elegant and easy!