Recipe by chia
Another neat gift idea that I'll be handing out this season.
Top Review by roseplummer
These are very pretty in the jar and taste good as well but I could not get them to bake well. No matter how long or little I baked them they fell apart. I made several as gifts but am now hesitant to give them but I can't afford to waste the ingrediants.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup candy coated chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ingredients in a 1 quart jar.
- Attach a gift card that reads: To make cookies:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place contents of jar, 1/2 cup softened butter, 2 tbsps water, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1 egg in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until set.
- Cool 5 minutes, remove to rack, cool.