Recipe by Chef Angie S.
This recipe is traditionally called "California Cole Slaw", but I made some changes by reworking the recipe. The pretty contrast of colors reminded me of confetti, hence the name. I found the original version "California Cole Slaw" recipe while going through my deceased mother-in-laws recipes. Thought I'd make a couple ingredient changes and wala. Here's the finished product. It is even kid friendly. Hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by sugarbakergirl
DYNAMITE!!! I can't believe that no one has rated this yet? It's the perfect combination of flavors. I separated the mixture and tried one with pecans and the other without. Seriously, I can't choose a favorite! Both are equally delicious! I went and made this for an office party and everyone was asking "who brought that Coleslaw" it was a HUGE hit. Even my kids liked it! Thanks for posting!!!
- 1⁄2 head large cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, add chopped slaw ingredients and stir till mixed evenly. Set aside.
- In small bowl, add 1st 5 ingredients for the dressing. Whisk together till smooth. Add poppy seeds and mix again.
- Pour on top slaw mixture and mix till all coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours, prior to serving. Stir before serving.