1/1 Photo of Confetti Coleslaw With Cilantro
Chef Angie S.'s Note:
This recipe is traditionally called "California Cole Slaw", but I made some changes by reworking the recipe. The pretty contrast of colors reminded me of confetti, hence the name. I found the original version "California Cole Slaw" recipe while going through my deceased mother-in-laws recipes. Thought I'd make a couple ingredient changes and wala. Here's the finished product. It is even kid friendly. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head large cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1In large bowl, add chopped slaw ingredients and stir till mixed evenly. Set aside.
- 2In small bowl, add 1st 5 ingredients for the dressing. Whisk together till smooth. Add poppy seeds and mix again.
- 3Pour on top slaw mixture and mix till all coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours, prior to serving. Stir before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Confetti Coleslaw With Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 235.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: