Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy to make coleslaw with a low-fat creamy tangy dressing. I like to add a little bit of red cabbage for some more colour. Recipe from Company's Coming Lunches.
- 3 cups green cabbage, grated, packed
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or artificial sweetner)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, green onion, chill.
- Mix together salad dressing ingredients with a wire whisk.
- Just before serving the coleslaw, add in the tomato and toss in the dressing.
Meant to review right after enjoying this delicious, delicious coleslaw - it made for a great addition to our grilled burgers. Made as posted with the tomato making for an added change of pace slaw. Always say one cannot have too many good coleslaw recipes - and this one is good -have added this to my collection. Thank you LUv 2 Bake.
The dressing is delicious. I used yellow mustard. Dijon would be good also. I used olive oil mayonnaise. I didn't use the celery seed. This is very good and easy to do. Thanks Luv 2 Bake. Made for the Babes of ZWT4
Loved this! Quite creamy and filling. I had a bag of cabbage and carrots to which I added extra carrot. I wish I had the red cabbage, it would have been prettier. My only changes were to make it with 4 cups cabbage instead of 3, and I didn't have celery seed or onion powder so I used dried minced onions and celery salt. Served it with black bean burgers. Thanks!