Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This does look like confetti--before it cooks forever--but there is still color left at the end! (This also works well using 2 red peppers instead of 1 red and 1 green, depending on what you like!) This is just-right spicy for us with some sour cream and cheese and a little corn bread. Hope you enjoy!
- 20 ounces ground turkey, browned and drained
- 1 lb beef round steak, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle salsa
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Mix everything together in a crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the beef pulls apart and "melts" into the chili when stirred.
- Serve topped with sour cream and cheese.