Recipe by SEvans
Lovely comfort food - perfect for a crock pot, large family or freezer for another time.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) cansalad beans (mixed beans)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 -5 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet - combine the ground meats.
- lightly brown.
- drain off most of the excess fat. Save some moisture for added flavour.
- combine browned meat and all ingredients in a LARGE stock pot.
- bring to a low simmer and allow to cook for a minimum of 1 hour - the longer the better - stirring occasionally.
- This recipe is perfect for crock pots or slow cookers and can take as long as 8 hours to cook on low.
- This recipe freezes very well for the smaller families or for those who work outside the home for a fast warm lunch or a ready dinner when you get home.
- Serve with a slice of bread, a biscut, or your favorite tortilla chips.