Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These wraps are so yummy and healthy. Even my non-veggie eating 4 year old scarfs these down. They are so quick to throw together that they are one of our few "regular" menu items. This is another recipe from The Mom's Guide to Meal Makeovers.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 6 -8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minute.
- Add the chicken, cumin, and chili powder and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, corn, cheese, and salsa and cook until heated through and the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stack the tortillas on a microwave-safe plate, uncovered, and heat in the microwave until warmed through, 30-45 seconds.
- Assemble by placing the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Wrap burrito-style and serve with sour cream as desired.
I had these for lunch and they really are delicious. Didn't have pinto beans so subbed white kidney beans.