Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This hearty casserole is very eye-catching so it's great for company.
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, chopped finely
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- For filling: In saucepan, combine carrots, onion, celery and chicken broth.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- In 3-quart casserole, mix soup, sour cream, chicken cubes, mushrooms, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add simmered vegetables and liquid; mix well.
- Set aside.
- For confetti topping: In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, green and red pepper, and 1 cup cheese; mix until just blended.
- Drop confetti topping onto top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and return to oven until melted.
This is my exact recipe for Dairyland confetti Chicken. My husband loves it. I have to make it again and try it on the kids. I find thereare not enough vegetables for my taste so I throw in some froxen peas, corn and greenand yllow beans. Otherwise I find it alot of creamy sauce.