Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
There are a few confetti chicken recipes posted, but they are all very different recipes. This is easy, economical and very festive. This dish makes a great main course for a small dinner party. This is from a cookbook called "Good Home Cooking".
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 lbs chicken, meaty pieces
- 8 medium red potatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons white wine
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix oil and garlic.
- Arrange chicken and potatoes in a shallow roasting pan.
- Brush well with oil and sprinkle with half the rosemary, and salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn chicken and potatoes; sprinkle with remaining rosemary and salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Bake 25 minutes longer and check for doneness. Chicken is done if juices run golden or clear when pierced at a heavy joint. Chicken should be crisp and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle scallions and red pepper over chicken. Bake 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and wine over chicken. Place on hot platter and pour any pan juices over it.,.
- Serve hot.
- Tips: Use breasts and thighs for generous servings. But if you want wings, add them at step 3, since they cook quickly. Roasted red peppers in jars will do when sweet red peppers are not available.
I came home from work, this morning, and put this together and popped it into the oven. I didn't really plan on eating it until tonight, but after it came out of the oven, the aroma beckoned to me! It was super easy to prepare. The flavors are just perfect!! It would make a "great main course for a dinner party", but I am going to keep it all for myself!! Prepared for PAC Spring 2010!