Recipe by Derf
Nice way to serve cauliflower, adds taste and colour to any plate. (substitute sharp cheddar if you wish)
Top Review by Darlene10
This looked lovely and I very much enjoyed it however, it did not get great reviews from the company I had at Christmas. I would have given it a 5 star rating but the rest only felt it was worth 3 stars.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 medium cauliflower, break into florets
- 1 -2 teaspoon water (or just the water left on the cauliflower from washing)
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- cayenne pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- spray a microwave safe casserole with veggie oil.
- Place cauliflower florets in casserole.
- Add water if needed.
- Chop all the peppers and green onion and sprinkle over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle salt and cayenne over to taste.
- Mix a little to distribute everything evenly.
- Cover and microwave on high for about 4 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender crisp.
- (depends on how much cauliflower is used).
- If you do not have a turntable in the micro, you might want to stir once, halfway through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle olives and cheese over top.
- Cover and microwave for 10 to 20 seconds or just until the cheese barely melts.
- Remove from oven and let stand covered for 5 minutes before serving.
- I cook this in the serving dish, it does not have a lid, so I cover it with plastic wrap, with just one tiny steam vent, cut in the centre.
- Don't want to loose too much cooking steam.