1/1 Photo of Confetti Carrot Fritters
Ran across this recipe in a magazine from 2001. As I love all things fritters, I cut it out and would like to save it here, as it sounds wonderful! All I know is that it is a recipe from Peggy Camp, Twain, CA. Thnx, Peggy! Prep and cooking times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- vegetable oil, for deep-fat frying
- 1In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; add carrots. Return to a boil; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place the carrots in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- 2In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Combine egg yolks and milk; stir into the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the onion, parsley and carrots.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- 4In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil to 375°F Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 5For mustard sauce, combine the parsley, vinegar, mustard and green onion in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until blended. Serve with the fritters.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Confetti Carrot Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (2040 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 126.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g