Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
If you do not have purple basil available, just use more green basil to taste.
- 1 cup raw brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup purple basil, slivered
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in 1 cup rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Gently spoon rice into serving bowl. Combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; whisk to blend thoroughly and pour over rice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fold together. Chill. Serve room temperature.