Prep 3 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Like flecks of colorful jewels, vegetables add nutrition and visual impact to this healthful bread. Thyme is the suggested herb, but add your favorite, such as basil or oregano, if you prefer. This recipe was found in BH&G's Complete Guide to Bread Machine Baking.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, snipped
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- Add the ingredients to bread machine according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Select basic white cycle and crust setting.
- NOTE: Dough may appear stiff at first until the vegetables have released some of their liquid during the kneading cycle.
- Watch closely; it may be necessary to add 1 to 3 tablespoons additional flour.
- If you prefer, you can use the dough setting on your machine and bake in a conventional oven at 350 degrees F until golden brown.