Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This salad is really easy to make and very colourful. You can also add a can of black beans, if you need to bulk it out a bit.
- 6 -8 small beets, cooked,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups canned corn, drained
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or 3 -4 tablespoons parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving, garnished with a little extra parsley or coriander if you have it on hand.
Made this with roasted beets, bi-color corn, and a sweet onion (along with the red pepper). A large amount was consumed at my event, and the leftovers devoured at my office the next day!
I was lucky enough to make this..drum roll please..for Sackville! Yes. it's true..Sackville and her hubby have been cycling round the world and in March 2009 they came to our house and camped in our back yard...I had organised a barbecue and decided to make a couple of her recipes. I used canned beets which I chopped and used a small red onion. Very pretty to look at and tastes great.