Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from Kraft.com I used yellow squash for the zucchini. I also used white rice for the brown. This recipe is a low calorie, low fat, one skillet meal. I think this is great when you are eating low carb. I really liked this recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 7 ounces Good Seasons Italian dressing
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup kraft 2% milk shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Brown meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in dressing mix. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add zucchini, tomatoes and corn; mix lightly. Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in water. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Stir in rice; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Special Extra: Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley just before serving.