Recipe by mandagirl
a fun bread for parties or brunches.
Top Review by ladypit
This is a nice banana bread. I like that it uses a minimal amount of butter. I had just the right amount of patriotic sprinkles left over from 4th of July cupcakes to use up. They sort of melt into the batter just leaving their color. I had to cook this almost 20 minutes longer than it said, and my edges got really brown so that I had to put foil on them. That said, this has a nice flavor (though not very strong) and was enjoyed for breakfast. Thanks.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup colored sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash bananas in large mixing bowl.
- mix in sugar and butter.
- Mix in egg, extract and milk.
- Put flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in with wet ingredients and mix well, but don't over mix.
- Stir in sprinkles.
- Pur into greased loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 350 degrees. (check with toothpick for doneness).