Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A rich way to eat your vegetables. Also known around here as "creamy veggies." I originally used cream of onion soup but have changed this recipe to say cream of mushroom because the creamy onion soup is so hard to find now, if they even make it anymore.
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup American cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 10 ounces frozen cauliflower, cooked and drained
- 9 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, cooked and drained (green beans, corn, and carrots mix)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces pimiento
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, American cheese, mayonnaise, and milk. Mix well.
- Fold in vegetables, pimiento, and mushrooms.
- Turn into 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Stir in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered 35-45 minutes until heated through.