Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Go nuts! Have a party! And at your next special occasion where an appetizer is on the menu, maybe you'd like to give these a try! (I said, "Go nuts..." but there are no nuts in the recipe) :)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salad dressing (like Miracle Whip) or 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped red pepper
- 6 miniature bagels, split and toasted
- Combine all ingredients, except mini-bagels.
- Mix well.
- Spread on mini-bagel halves.
- Broil until cheese is melted.
- Option: Use 24 party bread slices toasted instead of the mini bagels.
Good, quick and easy. I cut each bagel half crosswise in two pieces after broiling, for ease in serving as a bite-size appetizer.
This is a good tasting colorful recipe.
Made these along with LOTS of other 'Zaar recipes for a holiday party. They were the last item to come out of the oven (after everyone had been eating for some time) and I was met with groans that they couldn't eat another bite, but once they tasted them, WOW! NO LEFTOVERS! Made it ahead of time and just spread it on cocktail bread and broiled. Easy, yummy and quick! Addition of red peppers made it a winner. Thanks!