Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
To be served on a bun with natural casing hot dogs. Topped with mustard and chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons regular prepared mustard
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can water
- 4 -5 hot dogs
- Combine everything except hot dogs in frying pan and simmer until thick.
- Grind the hot dogs and add them to the sauce.
- Cook 15 minutes longer.
- Do not brown ground beef first.
- Serve on bun with natural casing hot dog.
- Add mustard and chopped onion.
Mediocre at best. I would have used all butter and left out the magarine. More chili powder would have helped also. Will not make again! Thanks for the recipe.