Top Review by ColSanders
I made this by dumping everything into a crock pot and cooking on high for a couple of hours, then on low until we were ready to eat. I used my stick blender to smooth out the clumps. Flavor was great.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (can use 2 packages if desired)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch clove
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, green pepper and garlic in oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add in ground beef; cook and stir until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 35-40 minutes.
- Add a little water to thin sauce if desired.
- Cool completely.
- Puree in batches for desired consistency, but don't puree until thoroughly smooth.