Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Prepare lots and freeze in containers, to thaw just pop it in the microwave, mix and serve with hotbogs, it's also great on burgers too! all ingredient amounts may be adjusted to taste, I use my Kittencal's Chili Seasoning Mix
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (can use 2 packages if desired)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch clove
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- Saute onion, green pepper and garlic in oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add in ground beef; cook and stir until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 35-40 minutes.
- Add a little water to thin sauce if desired.
- Cool completely.
- Puree in batches for desired consistency, but don't puree until thoroughly smooth.
I made this by dumping everything into a crock pot and cooking on high for a couple of hours, then on low until we were ready to eat. I used my stick blender to smooth out the clumps. Flavor was great.
Another great one from you, Kittencal. I made as written except I used Dancer's Recipe # 38756 Taco Seasoning as we try to reduce the amount of sodium we use. I did have to add a little water to thin down and I didn't run through the food processor as we like a little substance to our Hot Dog Chili and it had already cooked down quite a bit.
I can't believe I forgot to rate this. I've been making it for while now and we love it. I always make a double or triple batch and freeze a bunch. Makes great quick meals - sloppy joes, chili dogs, chili cheese fries. Yum. Homemade fast food!