Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My son loves this chili. He won't eat a hot dog without it!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a skillet cook beef,onion,and green pepper until beef is brown.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite hot dogs with mustard,onions,and cheese.
- Can also be served on cheeseburgers.
I made this for a high school varsity baseball team cookout. I doubled the recipe and it was gone in a matter of minutes! Outstanding!
Made this last nite for my DH, and well, if you like sweet chili, you'd like this. I had to add extra mustard to cut the sweetness and it was still too sweet. I thought that maybe the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar could be a error, so I made the recipe again this morning and added only 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. It was definitely better but was still missing something so I added 1/2 teaspoon of cumin. It definitely added to the flavor.