Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A new way to enjoy chili dogs.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 reduced-fat beef hot dogs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up as fine as possible. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, ketchup, onion flakes, sugar, chili powder, mustard, cumin, salt, pepper and celery seed. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Cut buns and hot dogs into bite-sized pieces; spread on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with onions and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Good but a little bit too runny, it made the buns mushy. We had to eat it up right away. It would not make good left overs.
This was great ! So easy !Loved it !