This is a variation on Chili Dogs made into a casserole that pleases kids and adults alike! Simple and quick for you on-the-go chefs! This was inspired by a casserole my mother used to make for me when I was a kid. Her version is quite different, although just as good!! The Original Coney Island Casserole The Original Coney Island Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove biscuits from package and lightly press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Place biscuits in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- In bowl, combine chili, hot dogs, cheese and onion.
- Remove biscuits from oven and top with chili mixture.
- Return to oven and continue baking for an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and filling is hot.
- Cut casserole into squares and serve immediately.
I made this last night for the family. I used a can of grands flaky biscuits and large can of chili beans sans meat. Turned out great. Everyone enjoyed it. Served with roasted onions and carrots. A great quick meal! Thanks!
Very good recipe! Although it would not feed 12 in my household. Four of us ate half of the casserole! That is the only reason I gave it 4 stars. Will be making this recipe again soon!
Well, I don't know what corn biscuits are; couldn't find them in my store. Used crescent roll "rounds". They needed to cook longer than the 10 minutes indicated (I however did not do that, so mine were mushy in the middle.) Even with this, the flavor was really yummy. I left out the onions (personal preference) and used quality jar chili. Very good!