Recipe by Cynna
This is a variation on Chili Dogs made into a casserole that pleases kids and adults alike! Simple and quick for you on-the-go chefs! This was inspired by a casserole my mother used to make for me when I was a kid. Her version is quite different, although just as good!! The Original Coney Island Casserole The Original Coney Island Casserole
Top Review by JamieLynnzer
I made this last night for the family. I used a can of grands flaky biscuits and large can of chili beans sans meat. Turned out great. Everyone enjoyed it. Served with roasted onions and carrots. A great quick meal! Thanks!
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package refrigerated corn biscuits
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans or 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 8 ounces beef hot dogs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove biscuits from package and lightly press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Place biscuits in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- In bowl, combine chili, hot dogs, cheese and onion.
- Remove biscuits from oven and top with chili mixture.
- Return to oven and continue baking for an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and filling is hot.
- Cut casserole into squares and serve immediately.