Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is the only one my husband will eat..
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups hot water
- Brown hamburger and drain well.
- Combine with all other ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Not sure how much this makes -- we package it in 1 cup servings for my husband and me.
This was excellent. I cut in about 1/4 but it still made a lot. I might cut the water amount a little bit but other than that it was perfect.
I've made this recipe several times now and everybody loves this. I've made it for picnics, parties and baby showers. If Iâ€™m having a picnic with hot dogs, everyone expects me to make this sauce. The recipe size is the perfect party size. I make the recipe exactly as is, I don't deviate from from any of the ingredients. It's perfect everytime. Thanks for sharing.
This was a very nice coney hot dog sauce. I loved the ease of being able to use the crock pot. This had good flavor and tasted great over hot dogs. I would recommend breaking up the hamburger into very small bits while it is browning. I halved the recipe and it was plenty for 4 people with leftover sauce. ~Made for My-3-Chefs 2008~