- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 (1 lb) packages hot dogs
- 32 -40 hot dog buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, cook beef and celery and onion till meat is cooked; drain.
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper; stir into beef mixture.
- Add ketchup and tomato juice.
- bring to boil; boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook hot dogs according to directions; place on buns, top each one with 1/4 cup of mixture.