Recipe by cookiedog
These are named after the Conejos River Ranch in Colorado. Rice Krispies, pecans, coconut, and oats provide crispy bits in each bite of these crispy cookies. They last for a fairly long time in an airtight container.
Top Review by Debbie C.
These cookies are great! My sister said that they are the best cookies she has ever had and I tend to agree with her. They certainly aren't "health food" (1 cup butter and 1 cup vegetable oil!) but everything in moderation, right?
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add oats, Rice Krispies, coconut and pecans. Stir well.
- Add flour, soda and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on lined or greased insulated cookie sheets.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes.