Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you streak or lighten your hair, try this masque! I've been making and using it since I first started dying my hair (more years than I care to admit). My hair is dark with red undertones, so I use the tea and grenadine together. If you have your haircolor's "extra" item handy, do try it.
- In a glass bowl, whisk all ingredients (except olive/canola oil) together until well-blended.
- Add the oil by pouring a thin stream into the bowl as you whisk the mixture.
- This helps the oil to emulsify and blend well with the other ingredients.
- Work the mixture into your hair, paying special attention to the ends.
- Put any unused portion in refrigerator.
- Cover hair with shower cap, and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly, and shampoo hair as usual.
- You may need to shampoo twice, but further conditioning is not necessary.