Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We needed a recipe for condensed tomato soup that did not contain high fructose corn syrup; so I came up with this recipe it works great in recipes that call for a can of condensed tomato soup. Powdered garlic and onion may be used in place of granulated. I have used this also to make Cream of Tomato soup by adding 6-8 oz of milk to the recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces hot water
- Mix all together into a bowl with a whisk and use in place of condensed tomato soup in your favorite recipe.