Recipe by Aroostook
I found this interesting recipe by request. It's great to have on hand and you can adjust the seasonings to suit yourself! =)
Top Review by charlie #5
Made tonight and really like the convenience, ease, cost. However, I will be leaving out the basil and thyme as I felt additional seasonings didn't go with the dish I was making. I would rather just add seasonings to individual dishes. Thanks so much for this.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, more to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an air tight container combine dry milk, cornstarch, onion flakes, pepper and chicken bouillon.
- If desired also add basil and thyme.
- Mix well.
- When using the mix combine 1/3 cup of the mix with 1 1/4 cups of water in saucepan.
- Cook and stir until thickened.