Recipe by **Jubes**
A Roben Ryberg recipe for a substitute that can be used in any recipe call for one (10 3/4 ounce) can of cream of chicken soup. Cna be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a couple of days. For Aussies, Massell brand stock cubes are gluten-free. This recipe is intended for a substitute to be used in recipes and not for a stand-alone soup
Top Review by mayness
This was SO FAST AND EASY! I used half cream and half water in place of the milk, and tapioca starch. I haven't used it in the recipe yet, but I tasted it, and the taste and texture are quite similar to the stuff that comes out of those cans.
- 2 ounces boneless chicken (any kind of pieces)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 7 teaspoons cornstarch or 7 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 gluten-free chicken bouillon cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the chicken and place in a small saucepan with the butter. Cook over a medium heat until the chicken is tender- approx 5 minutes.
- Using a cup- Combine the remaining ingredients in a cup and stir to dissolve the starch. Be sure that the bouillion cube is totally smashed. Add to the pot.
- While stirring, bring the pot to the boil and allow the mixture to thicken.
- Can be used in any recipe calling for condensed chicken soup.