- 4 cups stemmed and washed concord grapes
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 (9 inch) pastry dough, plus extra for lattice topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Slip grape pulp from skins into a bowl and reserve the skins.
- Cook pulp until the seeds loosen slightly, thn press through a collander or food mill to remove seeds.
- Combine the resulting pulp with the skins, sugar, juice and tapioca.
- Fill the pie shell and cover with lattice pastry.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees, then lower to 350 degrees and bake 20 minutes more.