Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my Grandmother's recipe from her 1941 New American Cookbook.
- 7 cups concord grapes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 grated orange zest
- double crust pie crust
- Wash and stem grapes.
- Slip skins from the fruit, reserve.
- Heat to boiling and boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Rub through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, salt and orange rind with the pulp.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Put the skins in a food processor and chop.
- Add to pulp.
- Line a pie pan with crust.
- Turn in filling and top lattice style.
- Crimp and cut.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 10 minutes, reduce to 325° and bake for 20 minutes.