Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is posted for the lucky person with a yard full of Concord Grapes!
- 7 cups grapes, washed and stemmed
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 lemon, seeded and sliced paper thin
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Slip skins off grapes and reserve.
- Bring pulp to a boil in a stainless or enamel saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat until seeds are loosened.
- Press Pulp through a food mill or ricer to remove seeds.
- Combine grape puree, grape skins, honey, lemon slices, raisins and pecans.
- Simmer over low heat to plump raisins, around 10-12 minutes.
- Pour into hot, sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Altitudes higher than 1000 feet see adjustment chart.
Time consuming but very good. I liked the lemon not cut too thin.