Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Olive Garden's Conchiglie with Tomato & Basil
Make and share this Conchiglie With Tomato & Basil (Olive Garden Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe vine tomatoes, peeled, seeded & coarsely diced
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, coarse chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, to taste
- HEAT olive oil and butter in a skillet. Add sliced garlic and onions. Saute over low heat until onions and garlic turn a light golden brown. Add diced tomatoes and cook together with garlic and onions for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped basil and stir.
- COOK pasta according to package directions and drain.
- SERVE pasta in a soup plate or bowl and top with tomato mixture and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and shredded mozzarella.