Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Speciality of the Hotel Sole, Maleo, Parma, Italy. Easy to prepare and fun to eat.
Make and share this Conchiglie Alle Verdura (Shells With Vegetables) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium eggplants, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces green beans
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 lb conchiglie (seashell pasta)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cover the diced eggplant with salt and leave for 1 hour to purge its bitter liquid.
- Heat half of the oil and gently cook onion, garlic, tomatoes and rinsed and dried eggplant. Season to taste.
- Cook the green beans in boiling water until they are not quite tender.
- Heat the remaining oil and cook the bell peppers with the oregano and a little salt. When soft, add to sauce.
- Mix the drained green beans with the vegetables in the sauce and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, drain and stir in the sauce. Serve at once with grated parmesan on top of each serving.