Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a great, easy, dip for parties, SuperBowl's,or just anytime you want to fix something to go with those chips. You can make this in the microwave!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed (can use low-sodium)
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (mild or medium)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (can use lows-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can use fat-free)
- 2 tablespoons chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe casserole,, mash the beans with a fork.
- Stir in the salsa, chili powder, cumin, and salt, if desired. Stir to mix well. Stir in the cheese.
- Cover with the casserole lid, and microwave on high power for 3 to 4 minutes until heated through. Remove from the microwave. Stir to mix in the melted cheese. Spread the sour cream on top. Sprinkle with the chives.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips (can use fat-free chips). Cover and refrigerate leftovers, which will keep 4 to 5 days.
This was fabulous!! I thought I had posted a review, but apparently either it never got posted or I didn't! In any case, this is fabulous! Great as a dipper, or as an additional ingredient in soft tacos. YUMMY!!!