Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Was in need of a quick salad dressing for a Mexican meal so I came up with this one on the spur of the moment.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (I used roasted garlic flavored)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Whirl all ingredients in a blender until smooth or use a handheld immersion blender. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- If thinner consistency desired, thin with more milk.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Yield is estimated.
This was alight but seemed heavy on the cinnamon and that is what we didn't like about it. I did use Balkan (thick) yogurt instead of sour cream to be corn free and it turned out pretty runny. I used freshly squeezed lemon juice, flat leaf parsley, less organic apple cider vinegar because of religious reasons, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for Chef of the month in Veggie Swap #48 ~ July 2012 ~