I'm not sure how this recipe got its name, but that is how it was passed on to me from my aunt. I have looked through the site and been unable to find a recipe quite like this one which combines popcorn with melted peanut butter and marshmallows rather than with a boiled syrup. This is a very addicting snack. Our family rarely adds the peanuts or the salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F.
- 2Combine the popped popcorn, the cheerios and the peanuts in a large bowl and set aside. I like to take the time to pick out and discard any unpopped kernels.
- 3Melt the margarine, peanut butter, marshmallows and salt in a bowl in the microwave on High setting until smooth. Microwaves differ in power so check the mixture often, stirring each time until the ingredients are completely melted and well blended.
- 4Pour the melted ingredients over the popcorn mixture and stir well, coating the entire mixture.
- 5Spread evenly on 2 cookie sheets and bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven, cool and break apart into chunks.
- 7Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Computer Chip Snack (Marshmallow Peanut Butter Popcorn)
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 159.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g