Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm not sure how this recipe got its name, but that is how it was passed on to me from my aunt. I have looked through the site and been unable to find a recipe quite like this one which combines popcorn with melted peanut butter and marshmallows rather than with a boiled syrup. This is a very addicting snack. Our family rarely adds the peanuts or the salt.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine the popped popcorn, the cheerios and the peanuts in a large bowl and set aside. I like to take the time to pick out and discard any unpopped kernels.
- Melt the margarine, peanut butter, marshmallows and salt in a bowl in the microwave on High setting until smooth. Microwaves differ in power so check the mixture often, stirring each time until the ingredients are completely melted and well blended.
- Pour the melted ingredients over the popcorn mixture and stir well, coating the entire mixture.
- Spread evenly on 2 cookie sheets and bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and break apart into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container.