Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not sure how this recipe got its name, but that is how it was passed on to me from my aunt. I have looked through the site and been unable to find a recipe quite like this one which combines popcorn with melted peanut butter and marshmallows rather than with a boiled syrup. This is a very addicting snack. Our family rarely adds the peanuts or the salt.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups plain Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1⁄4 cup salted peanuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 25 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine the popped popcorn, the cheerios and the peanuts in a large bowl and set aside. I like to take the time to pick out and discard any unpopped kernels.
- Melt the margarine, peanut butter, marshmallows and salt in a bowl in the microwave on High setting until smooth. Microwaves differ in power so check the mixture often, stirring each time until the ingredients are completely melted and well blended.
- Pour the melted ingredients over the popcorn mixture and stir well, coating the entire mixture.
- Spread evenly on 2 cookie sheets and bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and break apart into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container.
Made this for Christmas and it was enjoyed by the family. Thank you!
addictive for sure! made one batch with the kids and we barely got it in the oven, we were so busy nibbling on it. And een better once it had baked...they are already clamoring for me. And I might give in--I want some too! Thanks for posting, I am adding this to the list of goodies to send out at Christmas time!
Addictive! I made this Saturday night and it was gone pretty quick. I did not put peanuts or cherrios in and it was still great! In fact I made 2 batches, the first one I didn't bake in oven... the sauce was sooo good. The 2nd batch I baked and it was yummy! Great recipe!