This came from an old Bon Appetit, with a beautiful picture. It is easily assembled and quite dramatic looking, especially if arranged on one of the lovely, colorful Greek platters. I frequently add canned dolmatas, if the company would allow.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, sliced crosswise
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced in rings
- 1 sweet onion, sliced in rings
- 20 kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Arrange artichokes, cucumbers, tomatoes and olives in separate sections of platter.
- Top with thin slices of bell pepper and onion.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, oregano, lemon juice, and lemon peel in small bowl to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing evenly over salad.
- Sprinkle with Feta cheese.