1/1 Photo of Composed Dilled Tuna Salad
A tasty and attractive composed salad of dilled tuna, capers, green onions and cucumber-- the perfect summer lunch! Easy to make. Serve chilled with crisp whole wheat crackers or a baguette, and perhaps a nice glass of chardonnay.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces chunk light tuna, very well drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, divided use
- 2 teaspoons tiny nonpareil capers, divided use
- salt and pepper
- fresh dill
- 1 medium fresh cucumber, thinly sliced but not peeled
- carrot curls, for garnish
- crisp whole wheat crackers or baguette, to serve
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna (be sure that it is very well drained), mayonnaise, lemon juice, finely chopped dill, 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions, and 1 teaspoon finely chopped capers. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until serving time.
- 2Make carrot curls: use a vegetable peeler to slice off thin strips of carrot; plunge the carrots into ice water to curl. Drain before using.
- 3For each serving, place the tuna mixture into a small rounded bowl and pack down with a rubber spatula.
- 4Overturn the bowl onto a salad plate and lift it away.
- 5Create a border with fanned cucumber slices, tuck in a few sprigs of fresh dill topped with carrot curls and slices of green onion.
- 6Stud the tuna salad mound with a few whole capers and sliced green onions, and top with a slice of cucumber and sprig of fresh dill.
- 7Serve with crisp whole wheat crackers or a baguette.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Composed Dilled Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 769.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 44.8 g