Top Review by Manda
I took this to a BBQ, and it was a total hit!! Very different from your usual veggie and dip platter (BOOORING!!). The only thing I might do differently next time is to add green pepper strips and try using small pearl onions instead of the sliced. I will definitely be making this again, though. Thank you, whomever you may be:) ~Manda
- 2 heads fresh cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-size pieces (or 1 head cauliflower and 1 head broccoli, if desired)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans button mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups baby carrots, washed (and scraped, if necessary)
- 1 cup pitted california black olives (Kalamata olives can also be used) (optional)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing (or your favourite bottled vinaigrette salad dressing)
- 3⁄4 lb cooked shrimp, peeled but with tails left on
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before serving, place cauliflower pieces, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, olives (if using) and onions in a large bowl.
- Pour entire bottle of dressing over veggies and mix well.
- Tightly cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring before you go to bed.
- In morning, add cooked shrimp to veggie mixture; combine gently but thoroughly; keep covered and refrigerated.
- When ready to serve, drain shrimp/veggie mixture well and arrange attractively on a platter.
- Arrange hard boiled egg halves around edge of platter, grind black pepper over all, and serve.