Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes a pretty, tasty side dish to go with any menu. I have used this several times when having guests and it is always a hit! It is very easy to prepare.
- 1 1⁄4 cups long grain rice
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small carrot, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place rice, chicken broth, water, salt and carrots in saucepan and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until rice is done.
- Lightly stir in peas, melted butter and onion powder.
Mmm, I love vegetables in my rice. I used shredded carrots instead of chopped. Very good!
This went over great with the gang. It's a great side dish that will compliment many dishes I make. You can change up the veggies to suit your taste. I plan to use broccoli and carrots next time, or mushrooms and peas. Thanks for sharing!
Yum! I didn't use chicken broth, just water because we have to watch sodium for my baby (I took out his portion after it was cooked but before adding the salt). I used a teaspoon or more of onion powder and the dish was delicious. I will definitely be making this again!