1/1 Photo of Compliment Jar--Kid's Style
From spatulatta.com Everyone needs to be told how well they're doing or how wonderful they are. Moms are no different. Sometimes mom might need a compliment when she's feeling blue or just has too much work to get done. Here's a gift that will keep on giving all year long. You can help perk mom up by making this compliment jar. Fill it with 20 compliments that she can have whenever she needs one. http://www.spatulatta.com/recipes/6-mothers-day-2008/27-compliment-jar Because RZ would not recognize QUART JAR WITH LID or SCISSORS or 1 PHOTO OF YOURSELF, I am putting it here. ASK PERMISSION BEFORE CUTTING UP THE PHOTO. This basic idea could be varied easily-why not for older people in the nursing home with knock knock jokes or something? But use an unbreakable container instead of glass. Or maybe tasks that you are reasonably able to do? The spatulatta site also had some excellent lessons for teachers, e.g. an insect body lesson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 sheets paper, 3 different colors of construction paper
- 18 inches ribbon (optional)
- 1 pencil
- 1 pen
- 1Start by thinking of at least 20 nice things about your mom. Compliments are things you might say like, "You're so pretty," "You're so smart - especially at homework time" or "You're always there when I need you." "Your cookies are the best on earth" "I love it when you sing with me".
- 2Cut strips of construction paper about 1 inch wide and 6 inches long.
- 3Write a compliment on each strip in pen.
- 4Take the strip and wrap it tightly around the pencil.
- 5When you slide the paper off the pencil it should stay in a curl.
- 6Put the curls into the jar.
- 7Mix up the colors so they look festive.
- 8If you have a photo of yourself, you can paste it on top of the jar lid. If not, draw a picture of mom with a big smile.
- 9Screw on the lid and tie a ribbon around the neck of the jar.
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Compliment Jar--Kid's Style
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: