Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Don't taste like health food!
- 4 egg whites (*)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, unrefined**
- 2 tablespoons real vanilla, extract***
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot, powder****
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (pref. Grade B)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut, small flake******
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter parchment paper or cut up brown paper grocery bags and butter the side without printing.
- Save the yolks from the eggs to add to french toast or your pet's food.
- Beat whites until stiff peaks form- beat in salt, vanilla and arrowroot powder-
- Fold in maple syrup- fold in coconut.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto parchment paper covered cookie sheets.
- Bake for 45 min to an hour, depending on what sweetener you used (honey will brown faster) cookies should be dry and barely touched with golden brown. Let cool completely before removing from paper.
- Makes ~ 2 dozen, depending on how many you eat before you count them and how big you make the cookies!
- * Available in some grocery stores, health food stores.
- ** Unrefined sea salt is good for you, containing many minerals for health, found in health food stores.
- *** Real vanilla extract is made using alcohol- this cooks out.
- **** available as a spice in most grocery stores- cheaper at health
- food stores.
- ***** Raw Honey may also be used in this recipe.
- ****** dried unsweetened coconut can be found in health food stores. Coconut is anti-microbial and a candida-fighter- high in quality fats.