Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not your usual tuna or egg salad, this can be enjoyed as is, in a sandwich, on top of greens, or any other way that sounds good to you. If you want to add a touch of mayo for creaminess, go ahead- but it's plenty good without! You can change up the ingredients to suit what you have on hand, or what you like- chopped pickles instead of capers, oil packed tuna instead of water packed, different herbs, shallot instead of green onion... This is just how I first made it based on what was in my kitchen.
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna in water, well drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 green onion, white and green parts chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine tuna, eggs, capers, pepper, onion and tarragon gently in a bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in another small bowl.
- Fold the dressing into the tuna mixture. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt or pepper as needed.
- Chill for 1 hour for flavors to combine, then serve.
Tasted grwat and instructions are easy to follow but I wasnhome for lunch and the recipe says it takes ten minutes. NEEDS TO STATE ANY ADDITIONAL TIMES LIKE CHILL OR PREP TO INCLUDE BOILING EGGS. Didn't have ample time to make. Write these better in the future.
Absolutely wonderful! I added chopped onion and garlic and seasoned with Old Bay. I can't wait to see how it tastes tomorrow after it sits overnight!
This is very different and very good. I made 100% as per recipe and I really like the interesting combination of flavours. Good protein meal.