Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe covers the vegetables, starch, gravy, and meat--so it's a complete meal in a pot!
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 2 (2 liter) bottles Coca-Cola (not diet) or 2 (2 liter) bottles Pepsi (not diet)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 5 -7 red potatoes, quartered (or any potato you like)
- 1⁄2-1 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 -2 beef bouillon cube
- Place the roast in the crockpot and put the vegetables around and on top of the meat.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top of the vegetables.
- Add enough soda to cover the meat and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- After the roast is done, take out the vegetables with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl. Mash with butter.
- Place 2 cups of the sweet stock from the crockpot into a saucepan.
- Place enough bullion for 2 cups of water in the stock and heat to boiling.
- Add enough flour to the milk to make it a creamy consistency.
- Turn the heat to medium and slowly dribble in the milk mixture, stirring constantly, until you get the consistency you want. Be careful not to break the boil by stirring too roughly! The longer it cooks, the thicker it will get, so don't go overboard!